This content originally appeared here. Republished with permission.
This Paleo Fruit Pizza is made with a sweet cauliflower crust, coconut yogurt, and fresh mixed berries. It’s the right dessert to share at your patriotic party or to enjoy any day of the week!
Paleo Fruit Pizza Recipe
In the event you’re on a paleo weight loss plan, you already know how hard it might be to withstand the tempting sweets sometimes. So, I’ve give you essentially the most healthy fruit pizza recipe that can satisfy that sweet tooth while keeping you honest in your paleo journey!
With a creamy “sauce” layer and a load of juicy fruit toppings, it’s not possible to withstand this tasty treat.
This easy recipe might be used as a breakfast pizza or a healthy dessert after a meal of oven baked BBQ chicken thighs and honey roasted parsnips and carrots. In the event you’ve got a extremely busy morning, just cut a slice of this tasty paleo fruit pizza and head out the door.
Not to say, you’ll be able to select colourful fruit that matches any holiday to make this a festive dessert pizza. Strawberries and blueberries make essentially the most perfect fourth of July fruit pizza!
A paleo fruit pizza is a refreshing and light-weight summertime treat, and a beautiful addition to the menu for special occasions. At all times a crowd pleaser and a healthy option to decide on for dessert!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- That is one in all our favourite treats to make at home when berries are in season. It’s a fantastic option to eat load of fresh fruit.
- It only takes about half an hour to make this whole vegan fruit pizza. Super quick and super easy!
- Paleo fruit pizza isn’t only friendly to dietary restrictions, but it surely’s kid friendly too. You possibly can be confident that the entire family can eat this treat with no worries.
This recipe is semi-homemade, since I’m using a store-bought pizza crust. I’m ALL about using convenience items in my regular cooking. I’m down for anything that saves me effort and time! Here’s all of the healthful ingredients that you wish:
- paleo pizza crust: My favorite store-bought brand is CauliPower, but you’ll be able to make your individual homemade dough
- coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream: If following Keto, substitute homemade sugar free whipped cream.
- berries : I take advantage of a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. You possibly can be happy to substitute your favorite fruits, like sliced peaches and bananas or pitted cherries.
- coconut oil: Paleo and it adds a rather coconut flavor to this yummy recipe!
- coconut sugar: I take advantage of the coconut oil and only a pinch of sugar to calmly toast and sweeten the pizza crust. The fruit is plenty sweet enough, but that is an added bonus.
Substitutions and Variations
Cauliflower crust is one in all the healthiest options, but if you happen to’d like a sweeter twist on this fresh fruit pizza you’ll be able to make a paleo sugar cookie dough crust.
Wish to add a touch more sweetness? Drizzle honey excessive of the gorgeous fruit topping.
This recipe calls for mixed berries, but you’ll be able to any type of fresh fruit you would like! Tropical fruits like pineapple, mandarin oranges, and mango would all be super yummy. Other easy ingredients like kiwi fruit, grapes, and apples would all be delicious as well.
Though it isn’t paleo friendly, a cream cheese frosting layer could be so tasty rather than the yogurt layer! Nonetheless, chances are you’ll give you the option to make use of a vegan cream cheese to maintain it paleo.
How one can Make Paleo Fruit Pizza
Grab a paleo pizza crust on the food market, or make your individual dough. Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit, and grease a pizza pan or line a pizza stone with parchment paper
Brush the crust calmly with melted coconut oil, after which sprinkle a tablespoon of coconut sugar over the oil.
Bake the crust for 13 minutes until the perimeters are golden brown, then remove it from the oven.
Once fully cool, spread a cup of coconut yogurt excessive of the pizza crust. Then arrange 2 cups of mixed berries on the yogurt topping and garnish with fresh mint.
Use a pointy knife or a pizza cutter and slice this tasty creation in 6-8 slices, then serve and luxuriate in!
How one can Store Leftover Healthy Fruit Pizza
This healthier fruit pizza is best served immediately, but leftovers might be stored in an airtight container for as much as 3 days. The longer it sits, the more soft the crust will grow to be and the fruit won’t be as fresh. But it should still be edible for just a few days after it’s made! I don’t recommend freezing leftover fruit pizza.
What to Serve with Paleo Fruit Pizza
Serve paleo fruit pizza after a dinner of garlic butter steak bites with potatoes and broccoli or maple mustard pork loin with roasted vegetables.
Keep things light and summery by serving a grilled chicken salad with hummus for lunch or dinner. Then a hearty serving of fruit pizza as a fun dessert.
Sheet pan chicken and veggies could be a brilliant easy weeknight meal. And if you finish that meal with easy desserts like fruit pizza, the entire evening is healthy and delicious!
Suggestions for Success
- Serve a fresh slice of paleo fruit pizza with a chilly glass of almond milk or coconut milk for an additional refreshing snack!
- Slice thick fruit into thin chunks to make it easier to eat. Large chunks of fruit may roll off of the crust after the pizza is cut into slices.
- Don’t skip brushing coconut oil onto the crust with a pastry brush! It helps keep the crust moist, while also giving helping to maintain it from getting soggy when the yogurt is spread onto it.
While this frozen crust you’ll be able to buy in grocery stores is paleo, it isn’t keto friendly. It’s high in carbs which makes it unsuitable for the keto weight loss plan. In the event you would really like to make this recipe keto, you’ll be able to make your individual homemade crust. And you’ll want to buy unsweetened coconut yogurt and omit the coconut sugar. A small drizzle of honey could be okay for keto!
Most fruits are paleo, aside from banana and melon. Nonetheless, some would argue that every one fruit is paleo! So, use your best judgement and persist with whatever fruit you would like. Berries are completely protected though!
More Paleo Dessert Recipes
Paleo Fruit Pizza
This tasty paleo fruit pizza is a fantastic healthy snack, dessert, and even breakfast!
CauliPower paleo pizza crust
Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit, and grease a pizza pan or line a pizza stone with parchment paper.
Place a Caulipower paleo pizza crust onto the pan and brush it with melted coconut oil.
Next, sprinkle a tablespoon of coconut sugar crust.
Bake the coconut oil coated crust for 13 minutes until the perimeters are golden brown, then remove it from the oven.
Allow it to chill after which spread a cup of coconut yogurt excessive of the pizza crust.
Arrange 2 cups of mixed berries across the pizza. You possibly can place them randomly, or arrange them in perfect circles.
Slice and luxuriate in!
Paleo Fruit Pizza
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 45
% Day by day Value*
Saturated Fat 4g25%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g
Vitamin C 2mg2%
Vitamin A 36IU1%
* Percent Day by day Values are based on a 2000 calorie weight loss plan.
Please note that the dietary information may vary depending
on the particular brands of products used. We encourage everyone to ascertain specific
product labels in calculating the precise dietary information.