This content originally appeared here. Republished with permission.
Easy, delicious Easy Pot Pork Carnitas Salad, served over lettuce with cauliflower rice, pickled onions, bell peppers, corn salsa, and sliced avocado. All served together, they make a simple and completely drool-worthy Carnitas Salad that’s grain free and dairy free with easy Keto, Low Carb, Whole30 and Paleo adaptations.
Serve this for dinner on a daily weeknight or when entertaining friends – either way, it’ll be a fiesta! I’m sharing a while saving suggestions for making this recipe with loads of hands-off time, that way you’ll be able to deal with actually having fun with dinnertime!
Since our place is so
friggin’ tiny cozy, and we’re all stuck at home nowadays, I’m in search of sources of comfort wherever I can find them. Family dinnertime is my favorite thing nowadays. We sit and eat and talk, and it feels almost normal, even when only for a moment.
I’ve learned that I really need to be totally present during dinner. I don’t wish to find yourself missing out on that point with them, so I search for recipes that may be made quickly or with loads of hands-off time.
Using my Easy Pot and AdapTable Meals Carnitas Pork Roast, it only took about 20 minutes of hands on-time (40 minutes of cook time) to make perfectly cooked, tender carnitas and a completely gorgeous spread! And when you ever forget to plan ahead (like I do… um, quite a bit), then you possibly can cook it from frozen, you only must add 35 minutes to the cook time.
While the pork roast was cooking, I spent a little bit time making quick pickled onions and corn salsa, chopping some lettuce, and sautéing the bell peppers, and I used to be DONE.
This was easily one of the deceivingly impressive grain and dairy free dinners I’ve ever put together. Here’s what you’ll must make it at home:
- Carnitas Pork Roast: The AdapTable Meals Carnitas Pork Roast was pre-seasoned and super flavorful with Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme, Cumin, Oregano, Bay Leaves, Dried Onion, Chili Pepper, Dried Garlic, Natural Flavors, Lime Juice Concentrate, and Chipotle Pepper. There are ZERO artificial ingredients.
- Vegetable Stock, Chicken Stock or Water: The Easy Pot requires liquid to create steam and rise up to pressure, so you’ll want to use at the least 1 cup of liquid when you’re using a 6 qt pressure cooker, and 1.5-2 cups when you’re using an 8 qt size.
- Romaine Lettuce: Or substitute whatever lettuce you want. I feel romaine holds up well to all of the toppings and has good flavor.
- Cauliflower Rice: I prefer to keep things extra easy by buying frozen cauliflower rice. You may make it ultra fast within the microwave or sauté it in a touch of oil, whatever you like!
- Bell Peppers: I selected one red and one green, but any combination of colours will work great!
- Pickled Onions: Use my sugar-free Whole30 pickled onion recipe, or for extra oomph make pickled pineapple!
- Corn Salsa: Use my Chipotle copycat Corn Salsa recipe, and OMIT when you’re making these Carnitas Keto, Low Carb, Whole30, or Paleo.
- Coconut Yogurt: Or substitute sour cream in case your weight loss program permits it.
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Lime: For garnish
- Ranch Dressing (optional): I felt this salad didn’t even need a dressing, but my husband loved it with a little bit drizzle of ranch on top! That’s the fantastic thing about this dish – you’ll be able to make it your individual!
For a Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and Low Carb Option: Omit the corn salsa. That’s it! Now take into accout, I made a decision to make my carnitas salad dairy free and grain free.
If you happen to prefer other ingredients like cheese or quinoa, by all means, go ahead! Just do not forget that Whole30 doesn’t allow either, and grains are typically too high in carbs for Keto and Low Carb plans.
Q. What to serve with Pork Carnitas?
Q. How long can I store leftover carnitas?
Answer: Once cooked, store the carnitas in an air tight container or bag for 3-4 days within the refrigerator and as much as 4 months within the freezer.
Q. Can Icook frozen carnitas?
Answer: I’m so glad you asked! Cooking carnitas from frozen has never been easier, because of the Easy Pot. Go ahead and add your frozen roast and liquid to the Easy Pot, then cook on High Pressure for 75 minutes.
Just remember to use the Natural Pressure Release (NPR) so the meat doesn’t seize up. Allowing the pressure to dissipate naturally will keep the meat tender. I normally plan on NPR taking 20-25 minutes, so you’ll want to account for that point once you plan your schedule.
Q. How do I make carnitas in my Slow Cooker?
Answer: Like I tell my kids, abso-fruit-ly! Add the roast and liquid to your slow cooker or Crock Pot, then cook on low for 3.5 hours.
Easy Pot Carnitas Salad Bowls
Made within the Easy Pot, these carnitas are as easy as they’re delicious – great for feeding a crowd!
pork butt or shoulder cut into 4 pieces
or use pre-seasoned AdapTable Carnitas Pork Roast
chicken or vegetable stock
Salad Toppings (all optional)
about 2 small heads
I exploit frozen
Omit if following Keto, Low Carb, Whole30, or Paleo
salt and pepper
Cook the Carnitas
If using AdapTable Carnitas Pork: Skip to #2.
If you happen to haven’t got an AdapTable pork, mix all of the seasoning ingredients (listed below) together in a small dish, and rub well into each bit of the roast.
Add the roast and stock to your Easy Pot. Turn pressure to High and cook for 40 minutes.
Allow the pressure to naturally release, then open the Easy Pot. Use two forks to shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
Prep the Toppings
Meanwhile, prepare the remainder of the toppings.
Make the Corn Salsa and Pickled Onions.
Slice the bell peppers. Heat oil in a big skillet and saute the peppers over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prepare your cauliflower rice by steaming, microwaving, or sauteeing.
Wash and chop the romaine. Slice the jalapeno, lime, and cilantro. Wait until just before serving to slice the avocado.
Assemble and Serve
Divide the lettuce in bowls, and top with carnitas and any desired toppings. Garnish with extra cilantro and slices of lime.
To Season your Own Pork Roast: Cut into 4 pieces and rub with the next mixture:
1/4 tsp each: Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme, Cumin, Oregano1/8 tsp each: Bay Leaves, Dried Onion, Chipotle Pepper, Garlic Powder2 tbsp Olive Oil2 tbsp Lime Juice2 tbsp Orange Juice
For a Whole30, Paleo, Keto, and Low Carb Option: Omit the corn salsa.
To store leftovers: Store the carnitas in an air tight container or bag for 3-4 days within the refrigerator and as much as 4 months within the freezer.
Easy Pot Carnitas Salad Bowls
Amount Per Serving (1 bowl)
Calories from Fat 216
% Every day Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
Vitamin C 102mg124%
Vitamin A 6016IU120%
* Percent Every day Values are based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
Please note that the dietary information may vary depending
on the precise brands of products used. We encourage everyone to ascertain specific
product labels in calculating the precise dietary information.