In the course of the summer, infusions will be a wonderful method to stay hydrated. In this text, discover our orange-cinnamon iced tea recipe.
As you most likely already know, a lot of the human body is water. Because of this, it’s extremely necessary to remain hydrated all year long, but especially throughout the hot summer months. To make hydration more fun and attractive, we advise preparing this healthy orange-cinnamon iced tea.
Iced teas are excellent options to devour liquids on a hot day to differ the flavour of water a little bit. If you happen to use fresh fruits and spices to arrange the tea, you’ll add all the advantages of the opposite ingredients to those of water. Below, we’ll inform you how you’ll be able to make delicious orange-cinnamon iced tea in a straightforward and fast way.
Are you ready?
The advantages of oranges
Do you remember what your grandmother told you each time you had a chilly?
“Drink orange juice. It cures every little thing!”
She was right. Orange is a source of vitamin C (also called ascorbic acid). The truth is, a medium orange comprises roughly 82 mg of vitamin C. Greater than the really helpful each day dose!
As well as, oranges contain folate, which is needed for the formation of blood cells, carotenoids with provitamin A, and antioxidants equivalent to lutein and zeaxanthin. Nonetheless, that isn’t every little thing, since they’re also wealthy in flavonoids.
Lately, experts have studied oranges and the way their consumption influences the human body. Listed below are just just a few of the advantages they’ve discovered:
- Prevention of eye problems. A brand new study concluded that those that devour oranges commonly are 60% less more likely to develop macular degeneration.
- A decreased risk of cardiovascular diseases. One other study found that citrus fruits could protect the guts because they contain potassium and vitamin C.
- A decreased risk of stroke in women. In 2012, a study revealed that girls who devour high doses of flavonoids are 19% less more likely to have a stroke.
- In response to data from one other study, individuals who devour 400 mg of vitamin C a day saw improvements in muscle function and decreased post-exercise discomfort.
You might like this text: Learn how to Make a Delicious Vinaigrette with Orange Juice
The advantages of cinnamon
This spice comes from the Ceylon cinnamon tree and has been known for hundreds of years. There are reports of its existence in ancient China, 2,500 years BC.
Overall, this spice is wealthy in iron, calcium, zinc, potassium, selenium, vitamins B6, and vitamin C. Also, it comprises chemical compounds, equivalent to phenols and aldehydes.
You don’t need to miss this text: Delicious Low-Fat Cinnamon Ice Cream
Orange-cinnamon iced tea recipe
- 3 oranges
- 1 liter of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- First, extract the juice from the three oranges. Put aside.
- Remove the white a part of the orange peels as much as possible. Cut into julienne strips and put aside.
- Heat a liter of water in a saucepan.
- When it boils, add the orange peels.
- Let infuse for seven to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add a cinnamon stick. If you could have cinnamon powder, you can even add it. Add one or two teaspoons, to taste.
- Let infuse for half-hour.
- Strain to remove the cinnamon stick and orange peels.
- Incorporate the orange juice.
- Put the tea within the fridge.
- Serve. You’ll be able to add ice to it in case you want. Decorate with a cinnamon stick and an orange wedge. Enjoy!
- To differ the flavour, you should utilize lemon as a substitute of orange. The acidic flavor of this fruit and its vitamin C content makes it an exquisite option for any time of the 12 months.
- If possible, avoid sweetening the iced tea. The natural sugar orange comprises ought to be enough to make the tea taste good. If you ought to soften the flavour, it’s best to preferably add stevia or honey, reasonably than refined sugar.
- Whilst you’re preparing this recipe, the infusion will give off a delicious orange aroma that may make your entire home smell amazing. It’s a delicious orange-cinnamon iced tea and a natural air freshener, multi function!
- You’ll be able to add other spices equivalent to mint, which fits thoroughly with orange-cinnamon tea.
So, when are you going to make this delicious orange-cinnamon iced tea? Adults and youngsters alike will adore it, and it’ll enable you stay well-hydrated on hot days. We hope you enjoy this recipe!
It would interest you…
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to make sure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this text was considered reliable and of educational or scientific accuracy.