We’re going to point out you an amazing recipe to extend your fish intake. It is a recipe for stuffed peppers with cod and shrimp.
Stuffed peppers with cod and shrimps aren’t only delicious, but additionally they provide a great variety of essential nutrients. For that reason, they may be included commonly within the context of a varied and balanced food plan.
We’re going to let you know easy methods to prepare them to get probably the most out of them, thus increasing your fish intake throughout the week.
Find out how to prepare stuffed peppers with cod and shrimps
If you should prepare some delicious stuffed peppers with cod and shrimp, you’ll need the next products:
- 12 piquillo peppers
- 400 grams (16 oz) of cod
- 60 grams (just over 2 oz) of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 25 grams (1 oz) of wheat flour
- 100 grams (4 oz) of shrimps
- 425 milliliters of milk
- 25 milliliters of additional virgin olive oil
For the sauce, you will want:
- 5 piquillo peppers
- 40 grams (nearly 2 oz) of onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 325 milliliters of liquid cream
- 15 milliliters of olive oil
- To begin with, place a small amount of additional virgin olive oil in a frying pan, after which add the finely chopped onion.
- Then add the chopped garlic, continuing to cook for at the least 10 minutes.
- Once the time has elapsed, add the cod (previously desalted for a day or two) to the frying pan.
- Because the fish cooks, it can separate with the assistance of some kitchen utensils.
- When it’s not transparent, add the flour, stirring well so that every one the ingredients are mixed in well.
- It’s best to now add the shrimps to the frying pan, sautéing all the pieces together.
- From here, precede with the béchamel sauce. To do that, add the nice and cozy milk and stir repeatedly until it thickens. Once that is achieved, add some salt and let it sit.
- Then chop the onion and garlic. Sauté and add the peppers when each vegetables turn out to be transparent. After 5 more minutes of cooking, add the cream and let it reduce, mixing at the top with a hand blender.
- To complete off, fill the peppers with the béchamel sauce, place in a casserole dish and spread the sauce on top.
- Bake all the pieces for quarter-hour at 180 degrees Celsius (350 F) with the oven preheated and prepared.
Read more: Easy and Delicious Chicken in Black Sauce Recipe that Everyone Will Love
Advantages of peppers filled with cod and shrimps
The regular inclusion of peppers filled with cod and shrimps within the food plan can have quite a lot of health advantages. It’s a recipe that gives proteins of high biological value. These nutrients are essential for maintaining good muscle function within the medium and long run. That is evidenced by research published within the journal Nutrients.
Furthermore, peppers are a source of vitamin C, a component involved in many alternative processes inside the human body. Maintaining its levels inside optimal ranges has been shown to optimize the function of the immune system. Thus, the incidence of infectious pathologies is reduced and symptoms lessened.
At the identical time, we shouldn’t forget that sea products contain large amounts of iodine. This mineral is vital to making sure that the thyroid gland performs its task properly.
You could be taken with this recipe: Cod in Pil Pil Sauce: A Dish You Can’t Miss
Prepare stuffed peppers with cod and shrimps at home
As you’ve got seen, it’s very easy to organize this delicious dish of peppers filled with cod and prawns at home. It’s a healthy recipe that may be consumed frequently. It provides many quality nutrients and allows the regular inclusion of fish and seafood within the food plan, something that could be very useful for our health.
Finally, aside from eating well, it is best to also mix this with other good habits, resembling regular physical exertion.
It would interest you…